Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Spice up the season with this pecan pie cheesecake
The holiday season means baking season for families all across the country. What better way to ring in the celebrations than with decadent, homemade treats? Mix up your holiday parties this year with this inventive pecan pie cheesecake recipe by Plated Cravings!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 6 whole graham crackers
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 24 oz cream cheese block, 3 packages, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9″ springform pan with butter and wrap a piece of aluminum foil around the pan to catch spillings.
- To make the graham cracker pecan crust combine graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix fit a spatula or fork until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the springform pan. Prick with a fork and bake for 15 minutes on a baking sheet, until light golden brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and lower the temperature to 325ºF. Let the crust cool for a few minutes while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine softened cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix at medium-low speed for 4-5 minutes until smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides every few minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 20 seconds after each addition. Scrape the bottom and sides and mix for one more minutes.
- With the mixer running on low speed add the heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 325 F on a baking sheet. Then reduce the temperature to 300 F and bake for 15-20 more minutes. The edges should be set but the center should jiggle slightly. An instant-read thermometer inserted 2 inches from the edge of the pan should read 170 F.
- Turn the oven off, crack the door open a couple of inches and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour until completely cooked through.
- Transfer springform pan to a cooling rack. Run a knife around the edge, and let it cool in the pan to room temperature. Refrigerate covered at least 8 hours or overnight or up to 2 days.
- Make the topping up to 4 hours before serving. Toast the pecans in a 300 F preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the sugar stirring constantly until it is amber-colored and completely melted. Then add the butter immediately, the mixture will bubble rapidly so be careful. Use a whisk to mix in the butter until completely melted, about 2 minutes.
- While stirring add the heavy cream in a slow stream. Then add the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Let mixture boil for about 30-60 seconds, then remove from heat. Let mixture cool for a few minutes then add toasted pecans.
- Spoon caramel over the chilled cheesecake. Serve immediately or put back into the fridge until ready to serve.
One thought on “Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe”
Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt. Press mixture into prepared pan.