3-Ingredient Candied Pecans
Is your sweet tooth calling for a scrumptious treat, but you don’t have the patience for something complex?
Check out this recipe for vegan, paleo 3-ingredient candied pecans from Texanerin Baking. All you need is pecans, maple syrup, and salt!
1 ½ c pecans
¼ c maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
⅛ – ¼ teaspoon salt (depending on taste)
- Get out a Silpat or piece of parchment/wax paper.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Preheating the pan first is important so that the maple syrup caramelizes properly.
- Add the pecans, maple syrup, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt to the pan.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes or until the syrup has caramelized, stirring almost constantly. There should be no liquid left in the pan. The maple syrup coating will seem soft but will harden as it cools.
- Spoon the pecans evenly onto the Silpat and spread. Try one out, and if it’s not salty enough, add more salt. If you don’t want the nuts to be clumped together after cooling, make sure to separate them now.
- Pecans harden within 20-30 minutes, but let them cool fully for about 2 hours before placing them in an airtight container. When not kept in an airtight container, they start to get a little sweaty. Can be kept at room temperature for several weeks.