Maple Pecan Granola Bars
Maple Pecan Granola Bars by Mile High Mitts
Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and flavor-full, these Maple Pecan Granola Bars are the perfect way to snack responsibly!
- 1 c oats (certified gluten-free)
- 1/2 c oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 1/4 c flax seed, ground
- 3/4 c pecans, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Make sure parchment paper is a bit long and hangs off on both sides so that you can easily remove the granola bars after they bake.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients of oats, oat flour, ground flax seed, pecans, cinnamon and salt, stirring well.
- Move your dry ingredients to the sides of your bowl, so you have a well in the middle for your wet ingredients. Add your wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and egg) into the middle and whisk together. Then, stir all your dry and wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Drop mixture into pan and spread evenly. The entire surface of the pan should be covered in a thin, even layer and smoothed out on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the bars feel set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then lift your bars out of the pan with the parchment paper.
- Cut bars into 12 bars (2×6) or squares (4×4 or 3×4) and enjoy!