How To Make Your Own Low-Carb Vegan Pecan Butter In Minutes
After nearly a year of life in the “new normal”, we’re sure you’ve exhausted some of your go-to meals. Try out this lightning-fast pecan butter recipe (perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike) to mix up your palate. If you haven’t tried pecan butter yet, get ready to shock your taste buds with the rich, creamy, and toasty flavors, without shocking your system! This low-carb, dairy-free and vegan nut butter recipe works with many dietary preferences.
We get it: you can probably find a jar of pecan butter at your local organic grocer. But let’s face it, you’ve probably got more free time on your hands than you need, and less spare change than you want. Rather than spend premium prices on a tiny jar, why not spread out the love with bulk items and pass the time while you’re at it? Trust us, this recipe is fresh, sweet, and simple, and the end results are sure to be too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) high quality pecans, either whole or in pieces
- Sea salt, to taste
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Food processor with steel blade
- Baking sheet or toaster oven pan
- Mason jar with lid or other glass container
You read that right, that’s all you need. Now here’s an important note—with such a short ingredients list, it’s critical that your ingredients are premium quality. After all, your pecan butter is only as good as your pecans. Choose the best in town (and the best, period): the one and only Stahmanns Pecans.JUMP TO VIDEO
Here’s how you whip it up:
- Place pecans on a baking sheet (or toaster oven pan) and toast, stirring often, over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to not let them burn as to spoil the sweetness! This will take about 4 to 8 minutes, so keep a close eye on them. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer pecans to a food processor fit with the steel blade. Process on high until the nut butter is creamy and smooth. This could take anywhere from 5 – 20 minutes depending on the power of your food processor, so be patient. You might have to scrape the sides down to help things move along.
- Once smooth , add a pinch of sea salt and vanilla (if you like). Blend again, taste, and add more salt or vanilla if needed. Process again for a minute or two until it comes out just right.
- Transfer the nut butter to a glass container. Allow it to cool fully before sealing it and store in a room-temperature cupboard. For long-term storage, keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Note: You can get creative with the added flavors if you’re feeling fancy, but bear in mind they may alter the texture. Liquid sweeteners like honey, agave, or maple syrup may create a light and fluffy texture, while granulated sweeteners like coarse sea salt, sugar, coconut sugar, and beyond may thin out the texture instead. Other spice options include cinnamon, nutmeg, or even ginger.
Here’s how you serve it:
If you’re new to the world of alternative nut butters, have no fear. Just like its popular buddy, peanut butter, this vegan nut butter is perfectly spread on bread or toast for a sweet, yet simple treat. Drizzle it over apples to stay on track without boring your taste buds, use it in place of your classic PB for baking recipes, and top it on your ice cream sundae on your cheat day. No matter how you spread it, you’ll be coming back for seconds!
Access the freshest pecans on the market
Stahmanns Pecans produces premium pecans for wholesale use, by which all other pecan suppliers are compared to. If you’re a business on the hunt for fresh raw ingredients to create your own signature pecan butter recipe, specialty snack, and beyond, contact us to learn more today.
TOLL FREE: (844) 739-6887
FOR SALES: (575) 528-6838
Let us know how you like this recipe and how you enjoy pecan butter most in the comments below!