Stahmanns’ Favorite Valentine’s Recipe
Typically, pecans are most often associated with Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes, rather than with Valentine’s recipes. But in our hearts, pecans and Valentine’s Day are a match made in heaven. Their sweet crunch and perfectly balanced flavor are the ideal addition to any Valentine’s recipe. And, we simply could not let the occasion pass without sharing one of our favorite pecan Valentine’s recipes.
Crunchy and delicious, with just the perfect hint of strawberry Valentine’s flavor, this recipe is the tastiest way to show how much you care. It’s the Stahmanns’ take on two classics– chocolate chip cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries. With nothing more than a little baking love, elbow grease, and some premium pecans, you can take the tried and true, but plain, chocolate chip cookie and transform it into a dazzling Valentine’s recipe.
Strawberry Pecan & Chocolate Chip Cookies for Valentines Day
- 1 cup of Stahmanns Pecans
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously. Gently mix in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2 Tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheet. Stick a few more chocolate chips and pecans on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes (do not let the cookies get brown). Let them cool; they will be very soft at first. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Share with your loved ones and enjoy!
You can prepare these special chocolate chip cookies beforehand, to share as a special Valentine’s treat, or turn them into a little date night in and make them together. Chocolate chips are our favorite choice for a nostalgic touch, while strawberry cake mix gives us the perfect fruity flavor with none of the mess. But, the real star here, is our premium pecans. Sprinkling them into any Valentine’s recipe will instantly upgrade the final product. Sweet or savory, pecans bring balance to any treat.